10 food life hacking relief of seasonal allergies.
Are you not very happy about first spring warms?
Do not leave your home without nasal spray? Then you may have pollen allergy.
Pollinosis, seasonal allergic rhinokonjuctivitis, hay fever - all of these are the names of diseases caused by an allergic reaction to pollen. Cold, conjunctivitis, coughing, sneezing, choking in throat are the most common symptoms. The disease is sometimes accompanied by fatigue, irritability, insomnia and skin manifestations. These symptoms bring a lot of inconvenience and make the quality of life significantly worse.
Ragweed, wormwood, poplar, alder, linden, feather grass, wheat, oats are the most common allergens. The most effective way to avoid allergies is to eliminate the allergen. But if we talk about pollen, this is almost impossible. Therefore, pay attention not only to your medication but to your diet too.
1. It is proven that quercetin has antihistamine (antiallergic) effect. Quercetin is a natural flavonoid and is found in plant food: in onions (especially red), capers, grapes, black and green tea, berries, buckwheat. The use of these products can facilitate the manifestation of allergy.
2. Products with vitamin C are integral part of the diet for any allergic diseases. Citrus, kiwi, strawberry and red pepper have a lot vitamin C.
3. Omega 3 fat acids. Many studies show that regular consumption of such products as fish, nuts and vegetable oil reduces the risk of seasonal allergies and also facilitates their course.
4. A pineapple. It is unexpected but pineapple contains a substance called bromeline. It has a high anti-inflammatory effect and also has the ability to restore tissue structure.
5. Give up fast food and products with high amount of salt. According to many years of observations, the so-called “Western diet” is rich in sugar, salt, saturated fats and semi-finished products leads to an increased risk of respiratory illnesses.
6. Products rich with probiotics (healthy microorganisms for the intestine) have a positive effect on the course of allergic diseases. Most of these organisms stimulate the processing of excess histamine in the body. All you need to do is drink natural yogurt, kefir and other sour-milk products.
7. Excess weight increases the risk of seasonal allergic diseases. So don’t forget to choose healthy and dietary food. Eat separately (don’t mix all products) and do not overeat. Vegetables, other protein food (fish, sour-milk products, eggs but meat - not so often), healthy fats (vegetable oils, nuts, avocados) should be the basics of your diet. For dessert you can eat berries or fruits.
8. Try to avoid raw vegetables while an exacerbation of allergy. In the first spring salads and cabbage the amount of nitrates can be increased. The use of such products can have a negative impact on the course of the disease. Heat treatment destroys harmful substances in vegetables.
9. Add to your diet such products as turmeric and ginger. They have the strongest antihistamine effect.
10. And, of course, don’t forget to drink more water! Clean water removes poisons and toxins from your body. Moreover, it washes off the remains of pollen in the nasopharynx which is the main irritant during seasonal allergies. The use of water stimulates the functioning of the immune system and has a positive effect on the lymph in our body.